The Pupil Premium funding is allocated to schools to support students who have been registered for free school meals (FSM) at any point in the last six years (known as ‘Ever 6 FSM’).
The Government believes that Pupil Premium, funding which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for free school meals (FSM) and their peers.
Pupil Premium funding is available to schools to support those pupils who fall into the categories below:
- Free School Meals (FSM) (or have been in receipt during the last 6 years “Ever6”),
• Children who are looked after (Looked After Children)
• Children whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces.
• Children adopted from care under the Adoption and Children Act 2002
• and children who have left care under a Special Guardianship or Residence Order
The literacy and numeracy Catch-Up funding provides schools with additional funding to support students who did not achieve the expected standard in their Key Stage 2 SATS assessments.