Erdington Academy is part of the Educational Charity ‘Fairfax Multi-Academy Trust’.
Erdington Academy is governed by the Trust’s Board of Directors. The Trust Board is comprised of volunteers and is responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction for the Trust and its academies;
- Holding the CEO to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure money is well spent.
The Trust’s CEO is responsible for holding Mr Simon Mallett-Head of Erdington Academy to account for the academic performance and standards in each academy.
The Trust Board have established a sub-committee known as the ‘Academy Association’ at each of its academies to provide the Trust Board with local oversight. The Chair of Erdington Academy Association is Fiona Timba .
The Trust board establishes the remit and terms of reference for the Academy Association. The Academy Associations meet at least four times a year, and have responsibilities which include:
- Supporting and challenging the Head of Academy on key performance matters (KPIs) as determined by the Trust Board
- Providing local intelligence to the Trust Board on matters of safeguarding, SEND provision, Pupil Premium and Careers Provision
- Supporting and challenging leaders on specific development areas as identified by the Trust Board;
- Ensuring the values of the Trust are reflected in leaders’ plans and actions.
- Reviewing and supporting the academy’s strategy for income generation through pupil recruitment
- Supporting on any permanent exclusions within the trust
- Engaging with broader academy activities as a means of monitoring overall quality
If you wish to contact the Chair or any member of the Academy Association, you can e-mail them directly: [email protected]
or write c/o Fairfax Academy, Fairfax Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B75 7JT
Parents/Carers and members of the local community are invited to join the Academy Association (for a period of four years). If you are interested in finding out more about the role please contact the Chair of the Trust Board Mr Simon Small ([email protected])
or write c/o Chair of FMAT, Fairfax Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands B75 7JT
For further information on the Trust’s governance arrangements, please visit:
Financial Information for the Trust can be found here:
Trust Policies can be accessed here: