Years 7 – 9
Students in Year 8 start thinking about the careers pathways available to them post 16. They identify their strengths and careers interests in their Erdington Edge lessons and research and start to access labour market opportunities. They present to their peers on different careers.
Students and parents are given access to the Unifrog website to explore at home and at school. All students can attend the World Skills show at the NEC in November to really start to focus on the careers pathways that are appropriate to them. They will also visit EA annual Careers Fair and Apprenticeship Fair.
During Year 8 students will have:
- Time to build upon the self-awareness skills developed in Year 7 during Edge lessons.
- Begun to explore a range of careers pathways, during careers education lessons within Erdington Edge
- Access to impartial careers information and advice via the career’s pages of the website and Unifrog
By the end of Year 8 students will:
- Have had the opportunity to have visited the Skills Show Careers Fair at NEC
- Have had meaningful encounters at EA Careers Fair as part of futures week and annual Apprenticeship Fair
What our students say about Careers Education
Year 8 Skills Show – Enrichment Day
“I loved the trip to the Skills Show because I found out about lots of careers I didn’t know existed before. I would like to go again.”
“The Skills Show was helpful for me to understand what career I want to have.”
“I really enjoyed learning about the different careers available around Birmingham.”