Students receive at least one interview with the Careers Adviser and receive their own Action Plan. They are supported with writing applications and developing personal statements to use on their own or in conjunction with UCAS progress.
As well as having an enrichment day focus; students experience a variety of workshops and assemblies are held aimed at building self-esteem, confidence and aspirations for the future. These include CV writing and Interview techniques in preparation for mock interviews and post 16.
Students are encouraged to participate in the National Citizen Service (NCS) scheme www.ncsthechallenge.org
During Year 11 you will have:
- A guided introduction to the 14-19 online area prospectus, UCAS progress
- At least one 1:1 careers interview with an independent, impartial advisor
- Regular mentoring sessions with your form tutor
- Information provided to you signposting open events for post 16 providers
- CV preparation workshops and interview practice, culminating in a mock interview with an employer;
- Access to impartial careers information and advice via the careers pages of the website
- The option to undertake National Citizen Service in the Summer
By the end of Year 11 you will:
- Have a CV and a personal statement that focuses on your personal skills and qualities.
- Know about post 16 learning options.
- Know how to prepare for and make effective applications to prospective employers
- Know how to find and use a range of careers information resources.
- Know how and where to access careers guidance
- Be able to make effective career decisions and transitions.