Throughout year 10 students have opportunities to attend more bespoke college or specific career pathways taster days. Our HPA students attend Keble College, Oxford University to further raise their aspirations.
As well as having an enrichment day focus, students also have two separate schemes of learning as part of the Erdington Edge which focuses on Skills to ‘get that job’ at the start of year 10 and look at how to develop a CV and develop interview techniques towards the end of the academic year.
Students in year 10 will all complete a one week work experience placement in the Summer term.
During Year 10 you will have:
- Timetabled careers education lessons in Erdington Edge focusing on the development of employability skills.
- A 1:1 careers interview with an independent, impartial advisor (available to students for whom the school feels it is the most suitable support).
- One-week work experience placement in the Summer
- Access to impartial careers information and advice via the careers pages of the website
By the end of Year 10 you will:
- Have developed a wide range of employability skills
- Have gained genuine insights into the world of work
- Planned your personal targets for year 11.
What our students say about Careers Education
Yr10HPA Oxford University – May 2018
“Keble College visit has inspired me to work harder for my exams and I definitely want to attend University in the future. I have learned to succeed you need not just academic qualifications but also have a passion for the subject that you want to study.”
“I like the way school takes us on amazing educational visits about our future possible pathways when we leave school. It was a very good trip.”
Yr 10 HPA Insight into Medicine Day – March 2018
“The visit has allowed me to have an insight into how a medical school works and it has provoked positive thoughts of attending University. Thanks for this special day.”