Key Stage 3
One of our Key trust values is AMBITION. From the outset students receive a succession of career lessons delivered through the Erdington Edge programme. All students also receive inspirational lessons, assemblies covering career pathways and decision making topics. Along with meaningful visits to Colleges, Universities in their first term at the academy and all the cohort attending the Big Bang STEM careers fair in March.
During Year 7 you will have:
- Time to reflect on your personal qualities, your skills and the way you relate to your peers during timetabled Erdington Edge lessons.
- Understood more about how you learn
- Access to impartial careers information and advice via the careers pages of the website
By the end of Year 7 you will:
- Have visited a university, college or apprenticeship provider
- Have visited Big Bang Stem Careers fair at NEC
- Have raised your levels of personal awareness
- Have begun to identify your strengths and how you can make best use of the them.
- Planned your personal targets for year 8
What our students say about Careers Education
Yr 7 University Visit – November 2018
“ I loved visiting the University of Birmingham because it was inspirational for me and I will definitely go there. I LOVED IT!”
“ I enjoyed the visit to Newman College, because I now understand what courses I have to take after Erdington Academy and it was inspirational.”