Here are some of the ways in which our Academy ethos and values are fulfilled during our normal school day:
- There are high expectations for all that we do in our Academy; for example, students enter the assembly hall in silence and stand for the person taking the assembly. Students also stand when the Headteacher or Deputy Headteachers enter the room.
- We have introduced a new rewards system that rewards students for producing an outstanding piece of work, huge amount of effort in class or demonstrating exemplary behaviour and contribution at school or in the community.
- All students have received custom –made “workbooks” for each subject which gives them examples of our expectations and the tools to produce excellent work
- All students can benefit from a range of extra-curricular activities. We offer an array of after school sporting options but also Duke of Edinburgh, debating, student leadership, book club, dance, photography,cheerleading, eco club and a range of other clubs and activities.
- There is good support for students. All students are members of “vertical” mixed age tutor groups, which creates a family feel. Also, they meet students from other year groups and develop a House identity.
- The tutor programme during form time (8.45-9.05) offers numeracy and literacy activities as well as activities aimed at broadening their horizons and understanding of the world around them.
- We celebrate different faiths and cultures throughout the year so that we can understand and respect the beliefs of others.